TRAVEL DIARY OVERSEAS
Travel Diary Overseas is a simple program to use. It includes a diary to comply with ATO requirements and also a place to record all of your travel related expenses. The reports include the Travel Diary and Travel Expenses totalled by category and also provide a summary of all transactions for each category for a specified date range.
TIPS, HINTS & LINKS
Home takes you to https://www.taxrecord.com.au/home/
Complete the following:
• Date of Activity
• Start Time
• Finish Time
• Location of Activity
• Details of Business Activity
• Save creates the entry
Travel Diary Report – enter start date and end date and “generate report”. This shows a detailed report of all travel diary entries for that period listed in date order.
Complete the following:
• Payee who the expense was paid to. To add a regular payee use Manage Payees. The payee will be saved for future use
• Details enter extra information in relation to the expense
• Category – Drop down list for standard expenses. To add your own category click “Manage Categories”.
• Amount $ price of expense. If it is in $Aus put in that box. If in Foreign currency put in that box and then the conversion rate and $Aus box will be calculated for you.
• Work Percentage if the expense is not 100% used for work change the % to the work percentage
• Save creates the expense item.
Generated – Shows reports generated. Data is as at generated date a new report must be generated to reflect any changes.
Travel Expenses – enter start date and end date and “generate report”. This shows a detailed report for all travel expenses for that period listed in date order.
Travel Expense Categories – enter start date, end dated and choose a category. This shows a detailed report for the selected category for that period.
Travel Expenses All Categories – enter start date and end date and “generate report”. This shows a detailed report for all travel expenses listed within each category.
All Reports can be saved to your device or printed using the information on the screen.
ATO Travel links:
The information included on these pages is of a general nature and should be used only as a guide. Information may apply differently to different people in different circumstances. Taxation and related laws and practices can change frequently and without warning and caution must be exercised when relying on any information. Advice specific to an individual’s situation should be sought from a qualified and, where required by law, registered source.